Patrea, the owner of 15 to Fit Pilates, Barre and Fitness shares all about the world of fitness. Patrea has been in and around the fitness industry her entire life. Here, she shares her knowledge and experiences in her blog to help motivate, educate, and transform the lives of her clients and readers.
Getting married?Instead of doing that whole, “I know I can lose ten pounds before the wedding if I just stop eating chips/bread/carbs/sugar” or whatever, think about starting a series of Pilates classes or sessions before the wedding at Indianapolis Pilates by 15 to Fit.Going sleeveless? Think of how we can help transform those arms and shoulders!Especially if you still have a few months, we can help you work on any trouble spots that are bugging you.
Another cool thing about starting a Pilates practice before your wedding?You can improve so many other things that maybe you aren’t thinking about but that can make your special day even that much more special.Picture yourself walking down the aisle—you don’t want to be walking down with bad posture!Pilates can make a real impact on that. I have several clients who have told me that they have been complimented about their good posture after several Pilates sessions.
And if you are engaged now, I am sure you already know about the stress that can come along with the planning and preparation of the wedding—not to mention I am sure there will be a bit of stress and nerves on that special day.Pilates’ focus on breathing and awareness of our breath and its connection to our bodies and minds will not only help center you during your practice, but can help you on the big day as well.
And if you want to feel “sleek, sexy and powerful,” don’t forget about our awesome Piloxing classes that we have started.What a great way to bring out all those attributes as well—and hey, they couldn’t hurt for the honeymoon either!
And hey future grooms, you know we want to help you get into shape too! Pilates isn't just for the ladies and we have lots of clients who are men as well. Pilates is for everyone! And all these same suggestions apply to you as well (ok, well maybe you won't be going sleeveless, but you get my point).
So if you are looking for a way to sculpt those muscles before your wedding day (and possibly drop a few pounds too), and you want to be at your best by feeling great and looking amazing, contact us at Indianapolis Pilates by 15 to Fit to talk to one our certified trainers about what program might work the best for you.Put this part of your wedding planning into our hands. We will take great care of you and get you ready for that once in a lifetime day!
1. Lose Inches From Your Body: Pilates is a great way to firm up every part of your body, and lose inches.
2. Improve Your Posture. Remember your parents telling you to stand up straight? Pilates will help you do this naturally.
3. Improve Your Flexibility. This is a key factor as we age, but is important no matter what your age. I have had very physically active clients who came in tighter than people who never work out at all. Pilates can dramatically improve your flexibility and range of motion.
4. Help prevent Osteoporosis. Resistance training is great for strengthening the body and preventing osteoporosis.
5. Improve Your Mental Health: With the Pilates' focus on breathing throughout exercise, it helps you focus on the present moment which can help improve your mental health.
6. Minimize Back Pain. You may have heard before that having a strong core will help your back immensely. Many people with chronic back pain can be helped with a regular Pilates practice.
7. Pilates is the perfect exercise for everyone. It is great for men, women, young and old and people of all physical ability. All exercises can, and will be tailored to your physical fitness.
8. Moms--Fix that Baby Belly. Many women who have had babies suffer from what is known as diastasis, which is separation of abdominal muscles. Our Pilates instructors are trained in ways to heal that problem and therefore minimize that "baby belly."
9. Personalized Attention from Trainers: Pilates is one of the few exercise programs, even with group classes, in which you are constantly getting the attention of highly trained Pilates instructors. You aren't going to get this at the gym.
10. Improve Your Sporting Activities. Pilates is great to help improve your other physical activities for all the reasons above. Check out my posts specifically on Skiing and Golf. And if you have questions about another sport, please let me know.